This is not just a case of a chicken crossing a road, it’s about one getting into a football/soccer stadium and then invading the pitch. Imagine the shock on my face when I saw the chicken on the pitch as I watched Blackburn fighting for survival against Wigan on Monday night. They showed the chicken once and I thought my eyes were doing some trick on me and I only believed it when they showed it again.
It was an extremely hilarious moment and if you haven’t seen it I urge you to take a look at the video above. However there is one important question that is bugging my mind. How the hell did someone manage to get a chicken into the stadium in the first place? Now I know I am from Pakistan and I am used to some extreme security. However this is not a small matter, it’s a full grown Chicken we are talking about. I really hope someone somewhere in England is asking some questions because this is not a small matter in the world we live in, especially since England is hosting the Olympics in the summer.
I just hope that this turns out to be a very hilarious wake up call for the authorities in England.
- Chicken At Ewood Park: A Take On Twitter Reactions (kickette.com)
- Chickens play soccer (twitchy.com)
- Blackburn chicken protest fails to deter Steve Kean (thisislondon.co.uk)
- Fowl play: Runaway chicken stops Blackburn Rovers match (mirror.co.uk)
- Blackburn Rovers fans let loose chicken at game – video (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Fowl Play: Angry Rovers Fans Throw Hen On Pitch (news.sky.com)
- Blackburn Rovers: Fowl play (rheasport.com)